Take a closer look!
The Harbor Island Cardigan is relaxed, friendly, and warm - just the ticket for chilly nights in front of a fire or for a walk along the coastline. Its long sleeves, longer length, and deep V neckline layer beautifully. A textured stitch pattern is fun to knit and subtly showcases a beautiful yarn; thick 4x4 ribbing at the top of the sweater balances out the silhouette and provides a fun detail.
Lauren added extra length to her sleeves to allow for extra snuggle-ability and fold-over cuffs. To achieve extra long sleeves yourself, add length with the "customize fit specifics" screen. Harbor Island will look wonderful in any fit, but is shown in a 'relaxed' fit.
Customize your Harbor Island Cardigan
Sorry, you need to be logged in to make a personalized, custom-fitting version of Harbor Island Cardigan:
Don't have an account yet?Sign up
Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in a-line, straight, and tapered silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explanation of silhouettes in Customfit.
The sample is shown in Indigodragonfly's Sad Lester DK, an utterly gorgeous 100% BFL yarn that knits like a dream. It’s wooly, a little on the gruff side, and glorious to wear. We used the color “The New Black”, but Kim produces gorgeous, saturated shades - so find a color that speaks to you!
Harbor Island Cardigan uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in a-line, straight, and tapered silhouettes.
- Length: Long
- Sleeves: Full-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Average-width average-width vee neck
- Neck depth: 3"/7.5 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: 4x4 Ribbing, 4½"/11.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 4x4 Ribbing, 4½"/11.5 cm
- Button band allowance: 1½"/4 cm
- Button band edging and height: 4x4 Ribbing, 1½"/4 cm