Take a closer look!
Hakone is an understated, wearable cardigan that brings a little bit of luxury into our daily lives. The sample is worked in a beautiful fingering blend of wool, cashmere, and silk; it matches the design beautifully and the sweater is both polished enough to wear for special occasions and soft enough to wear every day.
The 3/4 notched sleeves and tailored shaping nicely counterpoint the more casual worn-open style and make the sweater incredibly versatile: It can be dressed up or down, works when worn with both close and more relaxed fits, and is a great choice for any season.
For stability, I recommend working Hakone from the bottom up in pieces, and then seaming. It is mostly Stockinette, and trimmed in 3x2 ribbing; the sleeves are worked in two pieces which are then joined to form the notches. The neckline is picked up and worked in 3x2 ribbing after seaming.
I used Spirit Trail Fiberworks’ delicious Sunna yarn for this sweater. The wool/cashmere/silk blend is lightweight but warm, and has both a lustrous glow (from the silk) and a terrific bloom (from the cashmere). It elevates the sweater into an incredible daily hug that you can’t wait to put on.
Customize your Hakone
Sorry, you need to be logged in to make a personalized, custom-fitting version of Hakone:
Don't have an account yet?Sign up
Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in straight silhouette. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explanation of silhouettes in Customfit.
Hakone uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in straight silhouette.
- Length: Average
- Sleeves: Three-quarter-length straight sleeve
- Neck style: Average-width average-width vee neck
- Neck depth: 2"/5 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: 3x2 Ribbing, 1¼"/3 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 3x2 Ribbing, 3"/7.5 cm
- Button band allowance: 4½"/11.5 cm
- Button band edging and height: 3x2 Ribbing, 2"/5 cm