Take a closer look!
Foyle's Cardigan will take you to the grocery store, on a hike, to work, to the library, all while making you feel as though you're surrounded by the heather of a Scottish moor. Knit up in Shetland 1.0, it's the kind of sweater that turns people into sweater people. It wraps you up in woolly comfort, and reminds you of what clothes can do for us when they're made from thoughtful materials and created with care and pride.
Foyle's Cardigan features an allover-patterned front and Stockinette back and sleeves. It sports a comfy deep V neckline, with waist shaping on the back only for the ultimate in casual comfort.
Customize your Foyle's Cardigan
Sorry, you need to be logged in to make a personalized, custom-fitting version of Foyle's Cardigan:
Don't have an account yet?Sign up
Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in straight silhouette. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explanation of silhouettes in Customfit.
Can I say enough good things about Clara Yarn's Shetland 1.0? I don't think so. It's a naturally-colored Shetland woolen-spun yarn. DK weight, blooms like nobody's business, a sweater yarn to end all sweater yarns.
If you're reading this while it's still available, stop RIGHT NOW and go get some. If you weren't lucky enough to grab some while it existed, I recommend a similar material - a DK-weight, woolen-spun yarn that's lightly heathered and luscious. Swans Island, Harrisville, and Green Mountain Spinnery all make lovely ones.
Foyle's Cardigan uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in straight silhouette.
- Length: Long
- Sleeves: Full-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Narrow-width narrow-width vee neck
- Neck depth: 1½"/4 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 2½"/6.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 3½"/9 cm
- Button band allowance: 1¼"/3 cm
- Button band edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 1¼"/3 cm