Take a closer look!
Burnish is a simple, crew-neck cardigan with easygoing eyelet stripes on the fronts and sleeves. It's trimmed in twisted 1x1 rib, and we worked the sample in a classic, bulky wool - Spirit Trail Fiberworks Vesta. Burnish makes a great first foray into sweaters with lace, and each CustomFit pattern will be created specifically to your choice of measurements and gauge.
Naomi is shown wearing Burnish with an hourglass average fit.
Customize your Burnish
Sorry, you need to be logged in to make a personalized, custom-fitting version of Burnish:
Don't have an account yet?Sign up
Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in a-line, straight, and tapered silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explanation of silhouettes in Customfit.
I worked this sample in Spirit Trail Fiberworks Vesta, a lovely and cushy super-fine wool at a quick-knitting bulky weight. It's shown in the color "Red Tiger's Eye". The 36'' sample took exactly 3 hanks of this lovely yarn; Amy liked it worked up at 4 stitches to the inch.
Burnish uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in a-line, straight, and tapered silhouettes.
- Length: Average
- Sleeves: Full-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Custom-width custom-width crew neck
- Neck depth: 3¼"/8.5 cm below shoulders
- Hem edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 2¼"/5.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 1½"/4 cm
- Neck edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm
- Button band allowance: 1½"/4 cm
- Button band edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 1½"/4 cm