Take a closer look!
Everyone needs a basic V-neck pullover, and this one is a classic. It looks great in any gauge, and the design will work well for men, women, and children. Since Helm has no waist shaping, it also makes the perfect blank slate onto which you can put any stitch pattern you like. (Just be sure to enter your gauge in the pattern stitch you've chosen!)
Helm will use your average sweater and long sleeve lengths, and features a V neckline that's 6.5'' (16.5cm) deep. Simple 2x2 ribbing trims all edges. Jay is wearing the sample sweater with a men's average fit.
Customize your Helm
Sorry, you need to be logged in to make a personalized, custom-fitting version of Helm:
Don't have an account yet?Sign up
Pictured in straight silhouette. Also available in a-line, hourglass, and tapered silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explanation of silhouettes in Customfit.
Helm is a great basic sweater, and I used a great basic yarn for the sample - Rowan's Pure Wool Superwash DK. Jay is wearing the color "Anthracite".
Amy liked this yarn at a gauge of 24 stitches and 32 rows = 4'' (10 cm) in Stockinette stitch.
Helm uses the following design choices:
- Style: pullover
- Silhouettes: Pictured in straight silhouette. Also available in a-line, hourglass, and tapered silhouettes.
- Length: Average
- Sleeves: Full-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Average-width average-width vee neck
- Neck depth: 6"/15 cm below shoulders
- Hem edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 2½"/6.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 3½"/9 cm
- Neck edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm