Take a closer look!
Yawl by Amy Herzog
This elegant, versatile cardigan features deep garter cuffs and trim, 3/4 sleeves, a narrow deep V neck and a single fabulous button.
Amy is shown here wearing an average fit.
Yawl is an hourglass design, so your final pattern will have waist and bust shaping. You can only use complete measurement sets to create this pattern.
We worked Yawl in Green Mountain Spinnery Mewesic, in the color Norwegian Woods. This is a soft, delightful woolenspun yarn with a beautiful heathered palette. It makes a fantastic and hardwearing sweater that's comfortable dressed up or down.
Amy liked Mewesic when worked at around 5.25 stitches to the inch.
Yawl uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouette: Hourglass silhouette
- Length: Low-hip length
- Sleeves: Three-quarter-length straight sleeve
- Neck style: Narrow-width vee neck
- Neck depth: 3"/7.5 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: Garter Stitch, 2½"/6.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: Garter Stitch, 3½"/9 cm
- Button band allowance: 2"/5 cm
- Button band edging and height: Garter Stitch, 2"/5 cm