Take a closer look!
Wintry Mix by Amy Herzog
Wintry Mix lets you have your cake and eat it too: A comfortable, cozy sweater for the chilliest of days that still flatters your figure. The long, nearly-straight sleeves and curved garter panels flatter the figure and provide some interest to the knitter.
The wide neckline is formed by working the neck stitches on progressively larger needles, until quite a floppy fabric is achieved; bind off loosely and instead of a tall, snuggly cowl you'll get a gorgeous portrait collar. You will need needles in sizes one, two, and three needle sizes larger than your main needle size for the neckline.
Wintry Mix is an hourglass design, so your final pattern will have waist and bust shaping. You can only use complete measurement sets to create this pattern.
Berroco Blackstone Tweed [65% wool, 25% Superkid Mohair, 10% Angora] (130yd/119m per 50g ball) shown in color 2607 (Wintry Mix)
Wintry Mix uses the following design choices:
- Style: pullover
- Silhouette: Hourglass silhouette
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Sleeves: Full-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Wide boat neck
- Neck depth: 5"/12.5 cm below shoulders
- Hem edging and height: Garter Stitch, 1½"/4 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: Garter Stitch, 4"/10 cm
- Neck edging and height: Garter Stitch, 6"/15 cm