Take a closer look!
Sunset Drive by Amy Herzog
Sunset Drive was created for the inaugural make. wear. love. west coast retreat. (Read more about the retreats here!) For this first collection, I let the surroundings inspire me, and created three designs that pair perfectly with the central California coast...
...or any other trans-seasonal time and place, for that matter. Sunset Drive is worked in a wonderfully cross-season fingering-weight wool, the inimitable Squishy by Anzula. It comes in nearly 100 beautiful colors, and the springy nature of the yarn looks gorgeous in the little arrowhead lace pattern.
Fingering weight sweaters are absolutely amazing. They’re light, they’re comfortable, and their fabric is about as close as we're going to get to store-bought knits with our hands. I went a little funkier with this design, ensuring a relaxed feel by locating the waist shaping on the back only. The lace panel on front stretches most of the way across the sweater, and is echoed in the just-above-the-elbow-height sleeve lace. I love the way it turned out, and I hope you do too.
Sunset Drive is available in hourglass and straight silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explaination of silhouettes in Customfit.
Sunset Drive uses the following design choices:
- Style: pullover
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in straight silhouette.
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Sleeves: Full-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Average-width crew neck
- Neck depth: 3"/7.5 cm below shoulders
- Hem edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 2"/5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 4½"/11.5 cm
- Neck edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm