Take a closer look!
Spanish Bay by Amy Herzog
Spanish Bay was created for the inaugural make. wear. love. west coast retreat. (Read more about the retreats here!) For this first collection, I let the surroundings inspire me, and created three designs that pair perfectly with the central California coast...
...or any other trans-seasonal time and place, for that matter. Spanish Bay is worked in a lovely summer tweed, with an easy open silhouette and simple lace trim. The sample shown features a low hip length and 3/4-length sleeves, but of course you can swap out different sweater and sleeve lengths if you like. However you make yours, Spanish Bay is sure to become a go-to cardigan in your closet.
Spanish Bay is available in hourglass and straight silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explaination of silhouettes in Customfit.
The sample shown is worked in Rowan Purelife Revive, a lovely summer tweed that's made from 36% recycled cotton, 36% recycled silk, and 28% recycled viscose. It's shown in color 475 Scree. This yarn makes a beautiful, sturdy, breezy fabric when knit at approximately 5.5 stitches to the inch.
Spanish Bay uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in straight silhouette.
- Length: Low-hip length
- Sleeves: Three-quarter-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Narrow-width vee neck
- Neck depth: ½"/1.5 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 1"/2.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm
- Button band allowance: 3"/7.5 cm
- Button band edging and height: Trellis Lace, 3"/7.5 cm