Take a closer look!
Spanish Bay by Amy Herzog
Spanish Bay was created for the inaugural make. wear. love. west coast retreat. (Read more about the retreats here!) For this first collection, I let the surroundings inspire me, and created three designs that pair perfectly with the central California coast...
...or any other trans-seasonal time and place, for that matter. Spanish Bay is worked in a lovely summer tweed, with an easy open silhouette and simple lace trim. The sample shown features a low hip length and 3/4-length sleeves, but of course you can swap out different sweater and sleeve lengths if you like. However you make yours, Spanish Bay is sure to become a go-to cardigan in your closet.
Spanish Bay is an hourglass design, so your final pattern will have waist and bust shaping. You can only use complete measurement sets to create this pattern.
The sample shown is worked in Rowan Purelife Revive, a lovely summer tweed that's made from 36% recycled cotton, 36% recycled silk, and 28% recycled viscose. It's shown in color 475 Scree. This yarn makes a beautiful, sturdy, breezy fabric when knit at approximately 5.5 stitches to the inch.
Spanish Bay uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouette: Hourglass silhouette
- Length: Low-hip length
- Sleeves: Three-quarter-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Narrow-width vee neck
- Neck depth: ½"/1.5 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 1"/2.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm
- Button band allowance: 3"/7.5 cm
- Button band edging and height: Trellis Lace, 3"/7.5 cm