Take a closer look!
Sloop by Amy Herzog
This classic cardigan is incredibly versatile based on the materials you use. Shown here in a hard-working but oh-so-soft merino/cashmere blend, it makes a great twinset piece with three-season appeal. Worked in a lighter yarn, it would make a lovely summertime cardi.
Shown on Heather in an average fit.
Sloop is an hourglass design, so your final pattern will have waist and bust shaping. You can only use complete measurement sets to create this pattern.
We used Woolen Rabbit Sporty Kashmir, a wonderfully warm and soft merino-cashmere blend, for this sweater. Amy loves this yarn (see it also in the PIlot House pullover) at a gauge of 6 stitches to the inch.
Sloop uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouette: Hourglass silhouette
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Sleeves: Elbow-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Narrow-width crew neck
- Neck depth: 4"/10 cm below shoulders
- Hem edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 1¾"/4.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 1"/2.5 cm
- Neck edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm
- Button band allowance: 1¼"/3 cm
- Button band edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 1¼"/3 cm