Take a closer look!
Sloop by Amy Herzog
This classic cardigan is incredibly versatile based on the materials you use. Shown here in a hard-working but oh-so-soft merino/cashmere blend, it makes a great twinset piece with three-season appeal. Worked in a lighter yarn, it would make a lovely summertime cardi.
Shown on Heather in an average fit.
Sloop is available in a-line, hourglass, straight, and tapered silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explaination of silhouettes in Customfit.
We used Woolen Rabbit Sporty Kashmir, a wonderfully warm and soft merino-cashmere blend, for this sweater. Amy loves this yarn (see it also in the PIlot House pullover) at a gauge of 6 stitches to the inch.
Sloop uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in a-line, straight, and tapered silhouettes.
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Sleeves: Elbow-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Narrow-width crew neck
- Neck depth: 4"/10 cm below shoulders
- Hem edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 1¾"/4.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 1"/2.5 cm
- Neck edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm
- Button band allowance: 1¼"/3 cm
- Button band edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 1¼"/3 cm