Take a closer look!
Shoal (a v-neck vest) by Amy Herzog
V-neck sweater vests make a perfect first dip into sweater knitting. They’re simple, practical, and look great on just about everyone. This one features a classic silhouette, a just-deep-enough neckline, and twisted 1x1 ribbed trim throughout. It's shown in a close fit on Beth, but will look great no matter which fit you choose.
Sample shown in Blue Sky Alpacas Extra, in color "Fedora".
Shoal (a v-neck vest) is available in a-line, hourglass, straight, and tapered silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explaination of silhouettes in Customfit.
This sample was knit in Blue Sky Alpacas Extra, a super-luxe blend of alpaca and merino. It has exquisite stitch definition, a lovely heft, and comes in generously-sized hanks.
I used the color "Fedora", at a gauge of approximately 4.5 stitches per inch.
Shoal (a v-neck vest) uses the following design choices:
- Style: pullover
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in a-line, straight, and tapered silhouettes.
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Neck style: Narrow-width vee neck
- Neck depth: ½"/1.5 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 3"/7.5 cm
- Armhole edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, ¼"/0.5 cm
- Neck edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm