Take a closer look!
Seguin by Amy Herzog
I grew up on the water with my grandpa and uncles, and will go out on any kind of boat, any time. But if I get to choose, there’s no lovelier place in the world than Seguin Island on a brisk summer day. Located offshore in Midcoast Maine, Seguin is home to Maine’s tallest active light station and can be visited either by ferry/charter, or by twisting the arm of one’s nearest uncle, depending. Even in summertime, the waters off the coast of Maine can be chilly - so a sweater is always advised.
This kicky pullover is simple to knit but engaging too, thanks to the thin stripes that adorn the sweater’s body. A simple scoop neck, 1x1 ribbed trim, and contrast-color hem and sleeve cuffs complete a look that’s unfussy and timeless. I thoroughly recommend it for all boating excursions and any time the air warrants just a bit of warmth.
Seguin will look great in any gauge, but please note that you'll need two different colors! Of your total yarn quantity, about 1/3 of it should be in the CC.
Seguin is available in hourglass and straight silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explaination of silhouettes in Customfit.
Blue Sky Alpacas Royal (288 yds/263 m per 100 g hank; 100% royal alpaca), shown in MC #708 sea glass and CC #710 concord: 3 - 5 hanks MC and 2 - 3 hanks CC for sizes between 30'' - 54'' in the bust.
Seguin uses the following design choices:
- Style: pullover
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in straight silhouette.
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Sleeves: Full-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Average-width scoop neck
- Neck depth: ½"/1.5 cm above armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, 1½"/4 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, 2½"/6.5 cm
- Neck edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm