Take a closer look!
Round Cove Cardigan by Amy Herzog
The Roundcove Cardigan is as classic as it gets. Elbow sleeves, tiny buttons, and 1x1 ribbing pair with a gorgeous yarn and tailored shaping to create a piece you’ll wear day in, and day out, for years to come.
The sample shown is worked in The Uncommon Thread’s Posh Fingering, which is a delight both to knit and to wear. It’s a lovely, light yarn in beautifully shaded tones made from 70% Superwash Bluefaced Leicester, 20% Silk and 10% Cashmere. (Yum.) It’s shown in color Plata. Stateside, it can be found at the wonderful shop Yarn Culture (both brick-and-mortar, and online.)
Round Cove Cardigan is available in hourglass and straight silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explaination of silhouettes in Customfit.
The Uncommon Thread Posh Fingering
Round Cove Cardigan uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in straight silhouette.
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Sleeves: Elbow-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Average-width vee neck
- Neck depth: 2"/5 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, 1½"/4 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm
- Button band allowance: 1½"/4 cm
- Button band edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, 1½"/4 cm