Take a closer look!
Round Cove Cardigan by Amy Herzog
The Roundcove Cardigan is as classic as it gets. Elbow sleeves, tiny buttons, and 1x1 ribbing pair with a gorgeous yarn and tailored shaping to create a piece you’ll wear day in, and day out, for years to come.
The sample shown is worked in The Uncommon Thread’s Posh Fingering, which is a delight both to knit and to wear. It’s a lovely, light yarn in beautifully shaded tones made from 70% Superwash Bluefaced Leicester, 20% Silk and 10% Cashmere. (Yum.) It’s shown in color Plata. Stateside, it can be found at the wonderful shop Yarn Culture (both brick-and-mortar, and online.)
Round Cove Cardigan is an hourglass design, so your final pattern will have waist and bust shaping. You can only use complete measurement sets to create this pattern.
The Uncommon Thread Posh Fingering
Round Cove Cardigan uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouette: Hourglass silhouette
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Sleeves: Elbow-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Average-width vee neck
- Neck depth: 2"/5 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, 1½"/4 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm
- Button band allowance: 1½"/4 cm
- Button band edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, 1½"/4 cm