Take a closer look!
Who doesn’t love an open cardigan? They’re comfortable and flattering. Make several for yourself out of different favorite yarns, and wear this great style year-round. This version has a comfortable long length, classic 2x2 ribbed trim, and enough coverage that it won't be falling to the sides all the time. It's shown here in an average fit, but would also work well in a close fit. (Relaxed fits are trickier with a worn-open style - the cardigan will tend to move around more as you wear it.)
Sample shown in Classic Elite Firefly, in color "Bark".
Customize your Reservoir (an open cardigan)
Sorry, you need to be logged in to make a personalized, custom-fitting version of Reservoir (an open cardigan):
Don't have an account yet?Sign up
Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in a-line, straight, and tapered silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explanation of silhouettes in Customfit.
This sample was knit in Classic Elite Firefly, a great blend of linen and viscose that's beautiful, drapey, and functional. It wears well over time, it's very comfortable to knit, and comes in a wonderful color palette.
I used the color "Bark", at a gauge of approximately 6 stitches per inch.
Reservoir (an open cardigan) uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in a-line, straight, and tapered silhouettes.
- Length: Long
- Sleeves: Full-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Average-width average-width vee neck
- Neck depth: ½"/1.5 cm above armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 1½"/4 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 3½"/9 cm
- Button band allowance: 5"/12.5 cm
- Button band edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 2½"/6.5 cm