Take a closer look!
Inlet (a crew-neck cardigan) by Amy Herzog
It doesn't get a whole lot more classic than a crew-neck cardigan. This one features a perfect neckline for layering, 3/4-sleeves, and showcases some of your most stunning buttons. All edges are trimmed in twisted 1x1 ribbing. Amy is wearing this sweater in an average fit, but it looks great in a relaxed fit too. (We recommend choosing a "close" fit with cardigans if you're going to wear them over an extremely thin layer like a cami.)
Inlet (a crew-neck cardigan) is available in a-line, hourglass, straight, and tapered silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explaination of silhouettes in Customfit.
This sample was knit in Harrisville Designs Highland, an utterly fantastic 100% virgin wool spun locally in New Hampshire. It wears like a dream, comes in about a billion colors, and is one of Amy's all-time favorite sweater yarns as it just keeps getting better and better with age.
I used the color "oatmeal", at a gauge of roughly 4.5 stitches per inch.
Inlet (a crew-neck cardigan) uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in a-line, straight, and tapered silhouettes.
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Sleeves: Three-quarter-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Narrow-width crew neck
- Neck depth: 3"/7.5 cm below shoulders
- Hem edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 2"/5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 1"/2.5 cm
- Neck edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm
- Button band allowance: 1¼"/3 cm
- Button band edging and height: Twisted 1x1 Ribbing, 1¼"/3 cm