Take a closer look!
Hannah Fettig's extremely popular Featherweight Cardigan is now available via CustomFit!
Featherweight is an easy and versatile knit, making it a great first sweater for beginner knitters. The CustomFit version of Featherweight is a set-in sleeve, pieced garment that can be made with a variety of sleeve and hem lengths. Each CustomFit Featherweight pattern has been crafted especially for your body, using your own gauge numbers - so not only can chose your sweater's body and sleeve lengths, you can work it in any gauge you like, too!
To achieve the lighter-than-air style of the sweater shown, use any lace-weight or fingering yarn. The original Featherweight was knit using lace weight yarn knit at 6 sts per inch / 24 sts per 10cm. Also, the original sweater is worked with a 3/4 sleeve length and a high hip length, but both of those options can be customized to suit you!
Customize your Featherweight by Hannah Fettig (CustomFit version)
Sorry, you need to be logged in to make a personalized, custom-fitting version of Featherweight by Hannah Fettig (CustomFit version):
Don't have an account yet?Sign up
Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in straight silhouette. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explanation of silhouettes in Customfit.
Sample shown in Malabrigo Lace.
Featherweight by Hannah Fettig (CustomFit version) uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in straight silhouette.
- Length: Short
- Sleeves: Three-quarter-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Average-width average-width vee neck
- Neck depth: 2"/5 cm below shoulders
- Hem edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, 2"/5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, 2"/5 cm
- Button band edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, 3½"/9 cm