Take a closer look!
Cypress Cove by Amy Herzog
Cypress Cove is a versatile, transitional open cardigan with a narrow neckline and fold-over garter stitch collar. I've worked it in a cozy 100% BFL wool with a beautiful sheen, but it would work equally well in many other materials too - from linens to cotton blends to a drapey silk blend.
Shown with 3/4 sleeves and a mid-hip length, CustomFit allows you to choose your own sleeve and hip lengths - so your Cypress Cove will be perfect for you. This is an hourglass design with waist and bust shaping, but the waist shaping is located on the back only for a clean-fronted look.
Cypress Cove is available in a-line, hourglass, straight, and tapered silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explaination of silhouettes in Customfit.
Amy's sample is knit in Knitting Boutique Mattawoman, a DK-weight 100% BFL yarn in the color "Chocolate". Amy liked this yearn knit up at 5.5 stitches to the inch.
Cypress Cove uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in a-line, straight, and tapered silhouettes.
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Sleeves: Elbow-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Narrow-width vee neck
- Neck depth: 1"/2.5 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, 1½"/4 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, 1"/2.5 cm
- Button band allowance: 1"/2.5 cm
- Button band edging and height: Garter Stitch, 3"/7.5 cm