Take a closer look!
Cove (a fleece vest) by Amy Herzog
Give your favorite fleece a serious upgrade by making one that fits you perfectly, out of a yarn you absolutely adore. This cardigan vest features a warm mock turtleneck, plenty of buttons, and 2x2 ribbed trim except on the armholes, which get discreet applied i-cord. With a low hip length and relaxed fit as shown here, you're ready for an utterly cozy day.
Sample shown in Rowan Brushed Fleece, in color "Tarn".
Cove (a fleece vest) is an hourglass design, so your final pattern will have waist and bust shaping. You can only use complete measurement sets to create this pattern.
This sample was knit in Rowan Brushed Fleece, an incredibly light bulky-gauged yarn with incredible warmth and fuzz.
I used the color "Tarn", at a gauge of approximately 3.5 stitches per inch.
Cove (a fleece vest) uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouette: Hourglass silhouette
- Length: Low-hip length
- Neck style: Narrow-width crew neck
- Neck depth: 3"/7.5 cm below shoulders
- Hem edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 2"/5 cm
- Armhole edging and height: Icord Stitch, ½"/1.5 cm
- Neck edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 3¾"/9.5 cm
- Button band allowance: 1¼"/3 cm
- Button band edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 1¼"/3 cm