Take a closer look!
Courant by Amy Herzog
Courant is a figure-flattering take on a classic pullover with modern touches. The ultra-long sleeves and wide turtleneck balance one another out; combined with a shorter sweater length, they give a balanced and timeless look to the sweater. The deep ribbing on the long sleeves give a “leg-warmer” feel; please choose a yarn with a bit of memory and “scrunchability”.
The sample was worked in pieces from the bottom up and then seamed; edges are trimmed in a combination of broken rib and seed stitch. The wide, shallow turtleneck is added after seaming and worked in the round. Courant will work best in a yarn that is between sport and light worsted in gauge.
Courant is an hourglass design, so your final pattern will have waist and bust shaping. You can only use complete measurement sets to create this pattern.
The Knitting Boutique Severn DK [Blue Faced Leicester and Silk] (240 yds/219 m per 113 g hank), shown in color Amber.
Courant uses the following design choices:
- Style: pullover
- Silhouette: Hourglass silhouette
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Sleeves: Full-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Wide boat neck
- Neck depth: 4"/10 cm below shoulders
- Hem edging and height: Broken Rib Stitch, 2"/5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: Broken Rib Stitch, 5"/12.5 cm
- Neck edging and height: Broken Rib Stitch, 8"/20.5 cm