Take a closer look!
Coracle by Amy Herzog
Coracle was Amy's sweater for the 2014 SSKAL, and represents the kind of sweaters she most likes to wear in the warmer months - light, drapey, and comfortably relaxed. Its 3/4 sleeves, wide neckline, and mid-hip length all work gloriously with the front's all-over mesh pattern to create a lighter-than-air, ultra-comfortable "sweatshirt" sweater.
The sample was worked in Rowan's TrueSilk yarn, a 100% silk chainette construction yarn that has great elasticity and utterly glorious drape. There are plenty of seams in this sweater to counteract the silk's drape and the sweater's relaxed fit - the result is stunning. This sweater includes waist shaping worked on the back only, which relaxes the garment's fit even more and allows for a smooth, unbroken lace front.
When choosing yarn for your version of Coracle, please choose fibers with good drape and sheen if you'd like your sweater to look like the sample.
Coracle is an hourglass design, so your final pattern will have waist and bust shaping. You can only use complete measurement sets to create this pattern.
Coracle uses the following design choices:
- Style: pullover
- Silhouette: Hourglass silhouette
- Length: Medium-hip length
- Sleeves: Three-quarter-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Wide scoop neck
- Neck depth: 1"/2.5 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 2½"/6.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 2"/5 cm
- Neck edging and height: 2x2 Ribbing, 2"/5 cm