Take a closer look!
This elbow sleeved, open cardigan features sassy patch pockets, a longer length, and luxuriously scrunchy trim. The design is a perfect match for the luscious silk-wool blends from Spirit Trail Fiberworks, and is shown here in the DK-weight Birte.
The textured trim works well with hand-painted yarns and provides great vertical lines to the cardigan front, and the cardigan works well in fits from close to relaxed.
Customize your Mine Hill Cardigan
Sorry, you need to be logged in to make a personalized, custom-fitting version of Mine Hill Cardigan:
Don't have an account yet?Sign up
Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in a-line, straight, and tapered silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explanation of silhouettes in Customfit.
The sample shown is worked in Spirit Trail Fiberworks Birte, a luscious wool-silk blend in a variety of stunning colorways. The same yarn construction and fiber composition is offered by Spirit Trail in a variety of weights from lace through heavy worsted, and all would make wonderful substitutions here.
If you're substituting a totally different yarn, to get the blend of sheen and drape shown here I strongly recommend a wool-silk blend,
Mine Hill Cardigan uses the following design choices:
- Style: cardigan
- Silhouettes: Pictured in hourglass silhouette. Also available in a-line, straight, and tapered silhouettes.
- Length: Long
- Sleeves: Elbow-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Narrow-width narrow-width vee neck
- Neck depth: 1½"/4 cm below armhole-shaping start
- Hem edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, 1"/2.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: 1x1 Ribbing, ¾"/2 cm
- Button band allowance: 3"/7.5 cm
- Button band edging and height: Roman Rib Stitch, 4"/10 cm