Take a closer look!
I created the Bayview Cowl as part of the design collection for my 2018 make. wear. love. fall sweater retreat, out of Indigodragonfly's Wingenhooven DK. I knew I wanted this yarn, a deliciously drapey blend of wool, yak, and mulberry silk, to be puddled around my neck. I paired Bayview's deep cowl with an a-line shape and tunic length to balance it out; a perfect match for my favorite fall skinny jeans and boots.
Bayview can be made in any of CustomFit's silhouettes and lengths, though - so you can make your own any way you like it. It's shown here on Christy in a women's relaxed fit.
Customize your Bayview Cowl
Sorry, you need to be logged in to make a personalized, custom-fitting version of Bayview Cowl:
Don't have an account yet?Sign up
Pictured in a-line silhouette. Also available in hourglass, straight, and tapered silhouettes. Please see our page on silhouettes for a full explanation of silhouettes in Customfit.
I used Indigodragonfly's Wingenhooven DK for this design, at a gauge of 22.5 stitches and 32 rows to 4'' (10 cm). I used a US size 5 (3.75mm) needle to obtain this gauge, but your mileage may vary.
At this gauge, to make an a-line turtleneck as shown here, you'll need approximately 6 (6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9, 10, 10) hanks of Wingenhooven DK to make a standard size 30 (32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60)’' / 76 (81.5, 86.5, 91.5, 96.5, 101.5, 106.5, 112, 122, 132, 142, 152.5) cm sweater. (Straight-sided and shorter sweaters will use less yarn!)
Bayview Cowl uses the following design choices:
- Style: pullover
- Silhouettes: Pictured in a-line silhouette. Also available in hourglass, straight, and tapered silhouettes.
- Length: Tunic
- Sleeves: Full-length tapered sleeve
- Neck style: Custom-width custom-width crew neck
- Neck depth: 6½"/16.5 cm below shoulders
- Hem edging and height: Double Moss Stitch, 2½"/6.5 cm
- Sleeve edging and height: Double Moss Stitch, 4½"/11.5 cm
- Neck edging and height: Double Moss Stitch, 13¼"/33.5 cm